Monday, July 13, 2009

Presses and punk bands

Friday Brady left early in the morning to go to St. Louis for a wedding - well, by early, I mean 10ish. Matt didn't come into work either, also to go to a (different) wedding. That left Jen, Bobby, and I to work Hammerpress. I had a list of things to do that included assembling wedding invites, cleaning, folding make-ready notebooks, and printing more card inserts.

The wedding invites had a "cantaloupe" and "watermelon" diecut cover/envelope with five inserts. With the three of us in an assembly line, it didn't take very long to put them together and I had plenty of time for my other list of chores.

When I clean, which I try to do extensively every other week, I try to do it as thoroughly as possible. Because of what I sweep up, I don't think that had been happening before. Through cleaning is one of my little way of setting myself apart. I know Brady has noticed a difference, he's mentioned so, and so I am attempting to keep that distinction up.

I ended the day with much printing of inserts on the treadle press.

The evening didn't include too much until Halliday called around 10 to go to a punk show down the street. It wasn't very interesting, the music being (personally) nothing of distinction. I did however have a good conversation with one of the guitarists about the pros and cons of the Empire pre and post Sith influence. Oh and some dudes did a sweet trick on the skate ramp in the warehouse - lots of jumping over trashcans and such.

I ended the night back at the Pistol, a little lonely and a lot tired. I have good friends here, but everyone is pairing off and it makes me miss my Adam something strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment