Saturday, August 15, 2009

More Portland

Not having a home to distract me has been surprisingly refreshing.

There is nowhere to sleep until noon, nothing to straighten or clean, and no computer to sit endlessly in front of.

The only option I have for computers is Robin or Diana's (whose I don't want to abuse) or the ones at school. I have little to do other than my art all day because I am flat broke. In response, I have been slightly productive.

Yesterday Diana and I walked to breakfast where we met up with Robin. Walking home we explored some interesting hat shops and after we rested in their apartment until 3:30, at which point they had a meeting at school to attend. I busied myself with printing.

I worked on my sister's baby shower invite until the school closed. I wowed some folks with my new letterpress skillz and I think I started a new trend of turning wooden type upside down for the texture. We shall see how it jumps off.

At closing time, seven, Robin and I had some burritos and walked up to 23rd for some cake. We were going to take it to the park but realized we were more tired than we'd previously thought. Instead we sat down to watch Saving Grace.

Post movie, I promptly passed out.

Three things: 1. I got a comment that I looked nicely tan -go figure! 2. Printing raised my mood 100%, I feel very much relaxed when working with the press. 3. It is nice to see one's friends again.

Oh! did I mention Rick Steve's Europe is on Hulu ?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment