Monday, August 17, 2009

odds and ends.

More printing today, and appointments. Getting everything settled for going back to KC.

Communication. I have issues with listening, and I have issues with responding. Why? I'm honestly a bit embarrassed to be confronted by them, but confront them I must. I've had this issue since I was 18, or well that was the first time it was pointed out to me. Damn, that's five years and I only feel slightly better than then.

New motto. Sit down and shut up. Mostly shut up. Stop opening your big mouth and hear what it is people have to say. Better to say too little and have your words respected than say too much and have them ignored.

I feel a little lost. I don't feel like I'm home in Portland, and Kansas City seems a little empty. Hammerpress will be great and I know I'll get along fine again, but man, I sure wish I had that person to talk to.

update

Currently I am sitting with Diana, Trillian and Phil, waiting for Tabitha. Everyone has dug through my pile of Hammerpress goodies. I'm pretty confident they liked what they found. I missed hanging out with these folks :) We're talking about Stumptown plans and excellent plans they are.

Earlier today Phil caught me feeding my houseplant addiction. Maybe I need help...

No comments:

Post a Comment