Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On the road again...soon.

Back to Washington.

My stay in Portland is hours from being over. I'm ready to go back to Kansas City, but things are looking like they'll be different than I planned.

*** No KCAI. I'm going to be doing an independent study with Martin French instead. I'll be taking the class I was going to be taking originally (Illustration Visual Vocabulary - Wednesdays @ 11) but online, instead of in person. Since I've taken the class before, it is a chance to stretch my wings and see if I can't take the ground running this time around.

*** More working. Two jobs, at least. Hammerpress will be one, but according to an email I received today, it looks as though Brady may not be able to pay me for as many days as I was anticipating. Halliday works at a teashop where the work is easy and when it isn't busy, I would be able to work on my own projects. Only down point is; would they take me from 6 to ten? Halliday goes in at 3.

Option number two is the infamous Lulu's, where I understand the manager stinks to high heaven, but Uriah worked from 6pm to ten or eleven, so I imagine I could too - bonus, it is located about a block away from Hammerpress.

Option three is Grinders, a bar/greasy spoon also not far from Hammerpress.

I'm sure there are more, most of which include food service, but I will have to see what they pay to better ascertain how many I will have to take on. I've wanted to work as a bartender, maybe now is a good time to try it out.

Things I've got to do when I get back:

1. FIX BIKE! No more squeakage. I want to be able to ride it to work and I will annoy the shit out of myself if it squeaks all the way there.
2. Find job - no more than two week time span for this
3. Reestablish myself at Manny's. 
4. Create poster for Pistol show - no more than two week time span for this
5. Check out the arts INKubator and make sure my stuff hasn't been thrown out
6. Eat either Mayan Tostada or North African plate at YJ's 
7. Find local doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment