Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back at the Press

Monday, August 31st
First day back to school - if I'd been in Portland that is.

Instead, I worked on my scratchboards, job applications, looked for cracks on the inside of my eyelids, and cleaned like a bat out of hell. I made the Pistol shine. There must be a gallon of Murphy oil on all this wood.

Oh, and I started my West Bottoms (Top of the Bottoms) sketchbook. We'll see how that goes.

Today
Since today is the first of the month, today is also the first of my new regiment - counting calories, waking up early, and exercise. I've stocked up on healthy foods and am in the process of getting my bike fixed, this is bound to work.

I arrived at work at ten, and it felt like I'd never left, except for the fact my water bottle had gone missing that there were some changes to the decor. I packaged orders all day which was fine, there really wasn't anything to print.

I talked to Brady and we decided I will be working three to four days, two paid and two not. Eric's hiring has made it so I couldn't get my original three, but the press he operates cranks out 2000 prints per hour(going slow), so I can't argue his presence. For now, I will probably do a fair amount of order filling, because they are inbetween print jobs. However, I proposed the idea, and Brady and I are going to attempt to catalogue his type at some point. It'll give me something to do and help him in the long run - meanwhile I will be free to fondle the type and get may hands on everything from A to Z.

Tomorrow I don't have work since we are adjusting to the new schedule, but Thursday I do, and maybe Friday since it is First Friday.

After work I came home, took a nap and then started cleaning some more in an attempt to make this place presentable since Eric said he was going to come over for some dinner and the show.

He arrived around 8 and I had made chili and green beans (mostly because that is all I have). We talked about Art and Hammerpress until the show started. Eventually his friend joined us after the auction ended next door and she enjoyed the chili as well.

It was a good night and I feel like I'm back in the charmed (maybe cursed?) groove of the Pistol.

2 comments:

  1. Counting calories? Pssshh. It's more important to look at what you are eating than the calories. I could eat Hohos all day but say it is healthy if I stop at 2000 calories. I kind of do that now...

    Exercise is good. Bike gangs have no state lines! I got mine fixed and it is awesome. What's your helmet like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my helmet is not awesome enough...i need to find a better one

    ReplyDelete