Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thrifty

Friday I work at Hammerpress for free. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my only days that I get paid, however, Fridays I usually print, which is odd, but somehow understandable. Currently I am printing the many layers that go into the flying dirigible calender - which is a surprising amount. I've got three down and I think three more to go - which will be finished some time next week.

Before lunch I finished packing the remaining orders needed for the next two weeks and then post lunch/nap I printed the silver layer of the calender.

At the end of the day Brady and I talked about a poster he has in mind for the Land of Nod - something based off my wood type piece - that I'll get to work on maybe the week after next. Finally some typesetting. I've been itching to get my hands back in those drawers.

Even though there was a show going on at the Pistol, I can't say I was too interested and instead Halliday, Terry (an awesome girl Halliday introduced me to), and I went thrifting.

We hit up the best spots up north in Gladstone. First was the DAV which I always score excellent finds, and this time was no different. I came away with an intricate belt, sequin gold top and vintage dress, which I later found I couldn't fit in (no fitting rooms at DAVs') but will resell for more than i bought it I'm sure.

Second was this slightly more expensive shop called Plato's Closet. There were a number of cute items, but a bit more pricey than I was anticipating so in the end all I found to buy was a gold belt, but since the limit for debit cars was five dollars, I left empty handed.

Third we went to Salvation army and I was more successful there, which isn't usual. I found a navy blue pencil skirt that fits beautifully and a jean high waisted 90's skirt that I'll have to hem, but fit well enough it had to come home with me.

Finally, I went shopping in Terry's give away clothing bags and found a cute jersey dress, mexican peasant top to go with my pencil skirts, and tan bulky sweater that will be nice as it gets cooler.

The things that I was looking for - pencil skirts and wedges - were difficult to find and I think I'll end up ordering my wedges online, after all it isn't the season for them, but I need them for working at the Gap.

I didn't get to Forever 21, and I might go on Sunday since that is where I really wanted to shop. The zipper on the pencil skirt I bought from there a little bit ago (January maybe?) has gotten stuck and I am in need of a casual black pencil skirt, so I'm thinking I should just go back.

Oh, I also want a leopard print cardigan. I saw one at Urban Outfitter's - perfect - a bit grungy, but still chic, although the price tag was too high. A silver sweater. I want that too, all of the one's I saw at thrift stores were too large for taking in properly, but I'm going to get one with my next paycheck, not many worries there.

I'm thinking of making Tuesdays a "tips" day and maybe having Fridays a "I'm obsessed with..." day. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment