Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things to do: not procrastinate

I spent Monday sorting out bank problems and getting back into the groove of screenprinting. It is a little like riding a bike, however I did forget how runny the INKubator's emulsion is.

Cool news that has to do with screenprinting:
1. The lead singer and manager of Hearts of Darkness is interested in turning my scratchboard heart into a t-shirt for their band. H.o.D. is a huge band in K.C. terms and this could mean good publicity for me.
2. I'll be selling version 2.0 of the anniversary poster at the show, and at 10 dollars a piece, I have a good feeling about this. Joe thinks they'll make some money. Who could say no? Three color, high quality art. I want to do Pistol Club t-shirts and/or posters as well, but with Adam arriving, I don't think I'll have time.

Post screen prep, I went to the Brink with some of the other members from the INKubator. It was one of the girl's birthday and we celebrated with Grits night, a bluegrass jam party, and grilled cheese.

I left around 9:30 and came home to watch Mad Men and finally make a break through on my illustration piece. Good for me.

***a printing side note***
Eric has been generous enough to offer his Heidelberg services. He works at another print shop where they make polymer plates and he is going to get me in on that so I can fast and easily make small items. I'm thinking I might make plates of my zine since all I need is a run of 250, that could be made in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment