Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Fun

At work I printed and that is all. I platen pressed it up to 1000 insert tags. Needless to say I was both sweaty and hungry when I finished. Brady left around noon to go to a highschool reunion in Oklahoma City. Before closing, Matt and I shined the shop up so when Brady returned, he would find the wood all nice and shiny verses being covered in dry wall.

On Saturdays usually Brady and Bobby run things, but since Brady was going to be away, I volunteered to come in for awhile and help Bobby, as he needed to finish 3000 business cards before Sunday.

After work I called Halliday to see if she was up for a post birthday Shakespeare in the Park celebration. She was unable, since she'd already agreed to go to a psycobilly show with a friend. I opted to post pone S.I.T.P. and join her at the show instead.

I worked on revising the Ex Post Facto poster to needed specs until ten when Halliday came to pick me up.

The show was at this hole-in-the-wall called the Newsroom. Joe and Halliday say it is one of the more infamous bars and if you're going to see a bar fight someplace, the Newsroom is the most likely candidate.

The Newsroom is made up of three sections, the bar, and outdoor sitting area, and the small backroom which stands as a venue for bands to play. The entire place is a little diveish, however with a slightly classy note added by the vintage typewriters and news articles on the walls. The show was well attended, probably had to do with the free entry. I dressed up in my pencil skirt, heels and a t-shirt and found myself aptly attired. For once, this was a show where ladies dressed up a bit. Usually this is the case with most ____billy shows I've been to, but I was glad the same trends apply to Kansas City crowds.

The music was good, and it felt alittle like going back to some of my roots with ____billy music. ____billy crowds tend to get into the bands, and there was lots of dancing and singing along. Two of Halliday's friends met us there, one who had a husband at Fort Bragg and we talked about the enjoyments of North Carolina. She'd never been to the beach and I told her N.C. beaches are some of the nicest and highly encouraged her to go next time she visited her man.

During one of breaks I had a drink bought for me by the guitarist in one of the bands and then another by a tall guy with slicked back hair. The night ended with me feeling very pretty, but missing Adam very much.

Oh, and I busted my knee on the concrete and now it is purple and a little hard to bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment