Friday, June 12, 2009

Postering

Yesterday printing continued, after I assembled a half dozen mock-ups of the invites I printed the other day, so the bride-to-be could show her family.

These are pictures of the poster as it stands now. I played around with the bottom line a bit before settling on the brown version. Looking at them, I might switch up the third and fifth lines, since I feel like it is weighted on the top.

Digging through Brady's type was amazing. Typesetting is incredibly relaxing, so long as I'm not setting anything 18 point or below. (odd fact: Brady doesn't use composing sticks. He typesets in his tray)

Brady likes the poster enough he is going to print around 300 or so and sell them. He said he was even going to put it in the online store. Woot!

I'm excited for the next couple of weeks. We have a few projects that I am going to be creating as well as working on reprinting a variety of cards that are running low.

After work Halliday and I met up to put up posters around town. Joe only puts up twelve or so, which shows that he has not refine the art of poster plastering. Halliday and I drove around to all the usual spots and then some. Any business that looked promising I asked if they would put up a flyer. 99 percent said yes, in fact only one said no. Halliday was surprised how many people had places for posters. By the end of our tour, we deducted there weren't enough and next time would have to print more. For the next show I am going to silkscreen 20 or so and then copy 50 to put up everywhere we can think of.

We came home and I watched some Buffy while Halliday and Joe watched some weird Japanese version of a punkrock movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment