Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hammerpress photos


Finally got the camera to work. Here is the first batch of photos.

Below are a couple of set ups. As I was ridiculous and forgot to photograph the actual presses, I will have to do that another day. Here is a break down of the presses though. Four are Vandercook Universal I models, one is a Vandercook Proof Press 4 and Four more are platen presses that I photographed futher down the page.

The set ups below are for a father's day card, a bike promotional poster (diagonal set up) and part of the wedding invite I worked on last week.

Some of the giant type that I've been raving about. Brady got it in Illinois (or Iowa) from a Billboard company that went out of business. He was going to get a large press to fit it, but that ended up not going through, and now he just has alot of large wooden type.

Two of the four platen presses. Three are electric and run by motors, one is run by a foot petal.

Below is some of the lead type that Brady has. This is just a sample but you can kind of get the idea of how much there is. There are more type cabinets I could take pictures of if people are interested.

The next two pictures are of the front shop where Brady sells his wares. I forgot to take a picture of it, but there is a wedding invitation alcove there too.

This is it for now. I'll have more pictures up later.