Friday, June 5, 2009

Settling into a routine

Yesterday was spent doing more packaging. All twelve rep boxes are finished and eight out of twelve orders are ready to go. Today will be finishing the packaging and then getting ready for First Friday.

I spoke with Brady and I'll get to finish at least two projects while I'm here. One is going to be a banner for the Perceivers and another is going to be a personal flier, either for the Perceivers or the Pistol, maybe if I have time, both. I was looking through some of his extra large type, and I intend to use it for the banner. As for my flier, I'll be able to use Brady's lead type, which I am told not everyone gets to do. *eeeek!*

Since I did very little yesterday worth describing, (except for using the giant paper chopper, that was cool) I will instead enlighten my readers with a few misc facts that I've forgotten to slip in.
- Brady is missing a finger, well part of it, his middle right. Since he is very particular about anyone other than him using the platen presses, I thought maybe he lost it in a horrible printing accident. Nope, not the case. He wasn't looking and when hooking up his lady's snowcone trailer to his (car?) he took off the tip. The cost was disproportionate to the worth it's use, so he didn't reattach it.
- Everyday a man called Timothy stops by to ask Brady for work. He is not homeless, but almost so. He live at the Catholic Mission, which requires tenants work to pay a small rent fee. Once a week Brady has Timothy clean up the street outside and pays him for the job. Brady said Timothy has been following him around since '95.

After work I found Sunfresh, the local grocery store, and bought fixin's for dinner. About eight I cooked up a stirfry for my roommates and treated them to a nice homemade meal. In the evening I watched the Colbert Report and worked on my entry for the local zine.

This weekend promises to be busy. I'll be printing my poster, going to the 18th street fashion show, and possibly the local Dr. Sketchy's - which happens to be right down the street.

***!* Folks should be looking to their mail boxes for goodies! *!***

* Also for those who don't know, The Perceivers is the art collective I started back in Portland with some friends.