Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Print big or go home

Tuesday was a long day, but with few things in it.

I went to work and finished the last of the packaging. I labeled the last of the rep boxes and put together the last two orders. After all that was finished, I got to printing. More wedding invites. 500 of them (400 hundered and then Brady always prints a bunch extra in case he should ever need them, which is why his back room is bursting).

The invites were olive paper with metallic gold ink. Pretty much the same tones and personally not very attractive. I had a mishap with the printing of them though and screwed up about fourty or so. ***!* when printing take the paper out vertically as to not smuge or smear it, DO NOT TAKE IT OUT AT AN ANGLE or face the consequences ***!* Brady wasn't angry, but looking at the piece further, he decided to print them on the platen press instead.

Afterword I went to the INKubator and reprinted the Pistol Club poster. Due to the emulsion washing out and not drying very fast, I was there til three am. Joe and Halliday called around 2:50 to make sure that I was okay. It was very nice and made me feel like part of a family.

I came home full of energy (odd as I had none when I left) and so watched an episode of Buffy to wind down before sleep. I love Xander.

p.s. something I have forgotten to mention is the weather. Tuesday it down right poored, raining sideways and everything. Sunday and Monday there was more heat lightning in the evening followed/accompanied by a bit of rain. It has been moderately warm with some humidity, but nothing crushing. Occationally the sun comes out and fries my brain, but mostly it has been tolerable.

p.p.s. Brady threw out a bunch of make readies and I dug through his recycle bin. Goodies!!!